Sunday, 3 June 2012

GEMELLA-LAND

My twin, Lynda arrived for the last 2 weeks of May. What fun for Bob and I to experience Italy through the eyes of my artistic, creative, dancer-twin. We were keen to show her some of our favourites, as she had never been to Italy before.
We started with a return visit to Venice, as we couldn't imagine anything more suited to Lynda.
Lynda's delight in the architecture, style, flair, fashion and people was infectious. We enjoyed looking anew at everything she pointed out.
The Gemellas 


Venice and the Gondoliers


The Canals




















The highlight of the Venice trip was a night at the opera. I had booked us tickets to La Boheme at the famous La Fenice, opera theatre. This restored building glittered in gold trim. Just sitting in our boxes in the theatre was almost as good as listening to the opera.



Classy Bob



After a rest at home in Siena, we drove to Florence for a day of shopping and strolling. While I'm looking at buildings and statues, Lynda is engaging the street artists and getting them to pose with her, as only she can.  I love this shot of her and the mime artist.


Artists meeting in Florence










No comments:

Post a Comment