Friday, 3 February 2012

COME SI DICE "SNOWMAN"

Well the fierce snow and cold that hit the rest of Europe landed here 3 days ago. We aren't feeling quite so smug anymore. We are so snowed in that all the schools have closed. Luckily the buses and trains are running well, so we can get around. The children who live in this villa compound with us are gleefully out making snowmen and sliding around.
After staying inside for one day, I went to school on the bus. The bus has huge chains on the wheels which was encouraging, since we're on such a big and windy hill. Now instead of sauntering for coffee through the streets, we rush, head into the wind to get where we're going. But it's very pretty, with all the old buildings covered in white.


un pupazzo di neve

the city from our hill view



One of the advantages of going to language school is that the teachers give us lots of tips on where to eat and what to do. This week, after class I went with the other students to a new trattatoria our teacher recommended. It's a pizza place but serves much more than pizza. These seem to be small, local and very italian places. We shared some delicious pizzas baked in there ancient oven. We had pizzas of gorgonzola with pears, as well as tomatoes and anchovies. And for dessert, we had nutella with mascapone pizza. All I can say was pretty amazing. I will take Angela, Tasha and Soren here for sure. I think Soren will quite like the nutella!
I had to bring Bob back the next day for seconds.


La Pizzeria di Nonno

Pizza after class with the other students

Nutella and Mascapone 

1 comment:

  1. Nutella and Marscapone pizza, crazy. Might have to try that one out at a dinner party soon. Love the pics of snowy Italy!

    ReplyDelete